Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's all in a nick-name...

Sometimes people ask, "Why do they call you Monkey Toes?" Good question, I say! To answer it I'll have to take you back to the day I was born....I was really sick in my mom's tummy. Mom says it was an emergency and they took me out of her belly pronto. When I was born my heart was racing and I was breathing crazy so I had to take a fast ride to another hospital. It all happened so quickly, I can hardly remember. Anyway, I had really long toes and when my Papa came to see me in the NICU I had lots of tubes and wires. He couldn't pick me up, so he touched my foot and I wrapped my long toes around his finger, as if to say..."I love you." So it all started then, he called me Monkey Toes and it stuck like glue. Before I knew it, Reina brought me a monkey toes monogrammed hat and now monkeys are all around my house and sometimes on my clothes. Boots, the monkey, even hangs on my formal playroom chandelier. The best part of the story is that even though I was so sick, God made me well! -MT

No comments: