Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So Long, Old Friend


Here is a picture of me when I was little with my dog Bandit ("brother"). He got very sick, and went to heaven so Jesus will make him feel better. He was a really good dog. Mom and dad miss him the most, but I miss him too. We have been reading the book 'Dog Heaven' to help cope.

Dear Bandit,
Thank you for keeping mom company while I was in the NICU.
Thank you for welcoming me home from the hospital.
Thank you for cleaning up my snacks when I spilled them on the floor.
Thank you for running fast (and sideways) with me on the trail.
Thanks for wrestling with Jenks and making me laugh.
Thank you for always being nice, even though I sometimes pestered you.
Thanks for taking naps with me and mom on Fridays.
Thank you for letting me pet your ears. They were my favorite.
Thanks for being my friend.

Love,
Addie

No comments: